Parenthoodroutine.com is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Learn more
Top 10 Best Child Proof Space Heaters: Comparison Table
Best Overall Room Heater For Baby Nursery: Vornadobaby Tempa Nursery Heater Review
- DESIGNED TO PERFORM — Gently heats and circulates all the air around baby.
- TAILORED COMFORT — 2 heat and fan settings featuring auto or continuous air circulation.
- BUILT FOR BABY — Advanced safety features include a cool-touch exterior, tip-over protection, and an automatic safety shut-off system for worry-free use.
- PERFECT FOR PARENTS — Curiosity-proof child lock switch and covered cord storage concealed in base.
- HAPPY PARENT PROMISE — Backed by a 5-year and supported by a customer service team based in Andover, KS
Efficient Quiet Mode Heater With Thermostat For Babies Room : Honeywell Genius HeatGenius Ceramic Heater Review
- A SMART WAY TO HEAT: This heater is designed with 6 customized heat settings to give you control of your comfort. The intelligent & powerful ceramic heating capabilities allow you to heat you, your room or your floor area with the touch of a button.
- EASY TO USE: This ceramic heater provides superior safety & easily controlled comfort, featuring 6 customized heat settings, a 2 hour auto-off heat phase timer, a quiet mode setting, tip-over and overheat protection, a cool touch housing and more
- INCREASE YOUR COMFORT: Using portable heaters in your home can help increase comfort & supplement home heating needs. There is a range of Honeywell heaters covering personal, ceramic, fan forced, radiant and infrared to meet all your heating needs.
- SMART SAVINGS: Portable heaters are a smart and easy way to add warmth to any space. By turning down your whole house thermostat a few degrees and heating just the room you are in, a Honeywell heater can help you save money while providing soothing warmth
- HONEYWELL QUALITY: Help improve heating & energy savings in your home, office or at school using a Honeywell portable heater. This heater is for medium-large rooms. The approximate room coverage is 146-199 square feet
Optimized Energy Consumption: Aikoper Space Heater Review
- 【 Meet Your Heating Needs】Maximum 1500w power and 2 heat settings provide efficient heat into every part of the room that needs constant heat in cold weather. Temperature adjustment by 1°F interval allows you to customize your preference temperature.
- 【Get Instant Warmth】This ceramic tower heater warms the air around you by creating a mild current of heat,quickly heat-up with ceramic heating technology, ideal for getting rid of the cold instantly. Requiring no assembly and a carry handle allow portable use.
- 【LOWER YOUR ENERGY BILLS】 ECO setting allows the heater turning on/off automatically by comparing the room tempreture with setted tempreture, which could maximum opitimize your energy consumption.
- 【BACKED WITH SAFETY 】The tower heater with auto shut off provides reliable tip-over and overheat protection.Safe for families with kids or pets who may knock it down . 8-hours timer ensures just the right time warm comfort with peace of mind.
- 【Worry-free After sale】We take pride in the quality and after-sale service of our ceramic tower heater. Any question, contact with us via the Amazon mailbox, you will get solution in 24 hours.
Best Overnight Combo Heater In Baby Room : Lasko Fan & Space Heater Combo Review
- FAN & HEATER IN ONE – Powered by a 3-speed 1500 watt ceramic heater and 4 quiet fan speeds, this oscillating tower is great for all-season indoor home use. It not only heats up a room fast to keep you warm & toasty on cold winter days & nights, but also creates excellent air circulation to help you beat the heat when it’s hot & humid outdoors.
- BUILT IN SAFETY FEATURES – Tip-Over Safety Switch and Overheat Protection take the worry out of using this electric plug-in hybrid heater for long periods of time. The self-contained, self-regulating ceramic heating element helps keep the exterior cool to the touch. ETL Listed.
- A REAL SPACE SAVER – Standing 42 in. tall with a small 13” x 13” footprint, the sleek, dual purpose vertical design is best for apartments with limited storage. Because it’s 2 units in 1, you can use the stand fan/heater year-round without sacrificing space, air circulation, comfort or style.
- SLEEP LIKE A BABY – Perfectly sized to aim over a high bed to circulate the air so you can get some rest. Powerful enough to blow across the bedroom and creates just the right amount of white noise at bedside for sleeping.
- EASY TO USE – Simple base assembly requires no tools. Easy to clean filter keeps the unit running efficiently. Lightweight and portable. Comes with built-in carry handle, optional oscillation, energy efficient adjustable digital thermostat and 8-hr programmable timer and a remote control for when you don’t feel like getting up to change the settings.
Best Space Heater For Nursery With Good Portability : PELONIS Oil Filled Radiator Heater Review
- [Efficient Heating & Multiple settings] Three heating options (900w, 1500w, mode) and five temperature settings (65F, 70F, 75F, 80F and 85F) to achieve customized temperature settings with maximized efficiency and warmth. Enjoying user friendly features including the LCD screen, programmable thermostat, remote control and 10-hour Timer.
- [Portability] 4- swivel Caster Wheels capable of 360°rotation provides easy portability to move your Polonis space heater from room to room.
- [Safety Features] Power indicator light lets you know the unit is ON, built-in safety, over-heat protection and tip-over safety switch shuts heater off if accidentally knocked over.
- [Quiet Operation] Enjoy peace and quiet room while keeping your space warm and cozy without annoying heater sounds that disturbs you from sleep, work, meditation, chat or anything requires peaceful .it offers warmth more gentle and lasting but usually takes more time than fan heaters because its heat-conducting medium is oil.
- [Manufacturer ] With confidence in the quality and efficiency of our digital LCD heater, a 1-Year manufacture was offered with your purchase.
Kid Friendly Space Heaters With Fast Heating: Comfort Zone Oscillating Space Heater Review
- FAST, EFFICIENT HEATING: Our oscillating space heater uses a forced-fan circulation to heat as it rotates from side to side, quickly & evenly warming an entire room while maintaining a consistent temperature.
- ETL CERTIFIED & BUIT TO BE SAFE: In addition to being ETL Certified, this unit includes an overheat protection sensor and an automatic fail-safe that cuts power to the unit if it's accidentally tipped over.
- OPTIMAL COMFORT: A digital thermostat prevents overheating & stuffiness, while an 8-hour timer with auto shutoff allows you to program the unit in advance to maintain a steady comfortable temperature.
- LOWER ENERGY COSTS: Frostbite weather shouldn’t take a bite out of your paycheck. Our energy-saving ECO mode adjusts heat output to lower costs, while its ceramic build prevents producing too much heat.
- LIGHTWEIGHT, PORTABLE POWER: This heating appliance is easy to move from room to room or take on a road trip. A remote control enables easy adjustment, while the stay cool housing helps prevents burns.
Wall Mount Design: Heat Storm Infrared Heater Review
- (Wall Mounted Heater Only.) Wi-Fi enabled makes it possible for you to control the temperature from your phone!
- Safe to the touch grill. 1500 watts of power
- Space saving wall mount design means you don't lose floor space. Perfect for bedrooms, kitchens, offices and more
- When installed over the outlet, you can hide the cord inside the heater. This unit stays cool to the touch and the wall stays cool.
- Safe to the touch grill. Wall mounted version, Feet not included.
Kid Safe Electric Heaters With Patented Technology : De'Longhi Oil-Filled Radiator Space Heater Review
- DURABLE & MAINTENANCE-FREE: Patented, high-quality steel assembly and the permanently-sealed oil reservoir never needs refilling
- RADIANT HEAT: 1500 watts of heating power for quiet, full room comfort
- PERSONALIZED COMFORT: Customize to your heating needs with an adjustable thermostat and three heat settings
- PATENTED THERMAL SLOTS: Unique thermal slot design maximizes heat flow into the room while maintaining a low surface temperature
- PEACE OF MIND: Features a thermal shutoff to prevent overheating
ETL Certification: Brightown Portable Ceramic Heater Review
- Safe for kids and pets: The heater is made of flame retardant material to achieve zero fire hazard; automatic overheat protection system will shut the unit off automatically when reaching overheat limit; tip over switch at the bottom will be triggered and the unit will be shut off in tilted or tripped over condition; power indicator indicating it’s plugged in; ETL certified, safety tested
- Speedy warming: With PTC ceramic heating tech and high speed fan, this heater put out tons of heater to heat up 200 square feet in minutes. Helps to save electric bills by heating up needed small spaces instead of heating the whole house with other centralized heaters. Lower than 45 decibel while working, quiet enough and better heat dispersal for indoor sleeping, reading and working
- Easy to use: Adjust the knob on the right to turn the unit on. "I" is for producing heat at 750 watts, "II" will produce heat faster and hotter at 1500 watts, and “Fan” will blow out cool air. Then turn the thermostat knob on the left toward the + sign. The adjustable temperature range is 0℉ to 158℉. It will get the heater to cycle on and off according to if the room’s temperature reaching heater's setting temperature
- Portable and mighty: Dimensions: 6.2 x 7 x 9.2 inch. Carry handle and lightweight make this space heater easy to place in room or move from the floor to the table. No more concern about taking up too much space in a crowded place. An ideal space heater for office and a thoughtful gift for friends and family in winter
- Long serving life: Tip over swicth, overheat protection and ceramic speedy heating and cooling for its steady operation and a long serving life, no extra worry on accidental damage for winter life
Compact: Coolast Small Space Heater Review
- 【 Ceramic Technology】: Advanced PTC ceramic heating element with Quick Heat technology. Ceramic heating element that provides faster and more efficient heating than traditional heaters. This space heaters maximize heat output without open coils for longer lasting use. Quiet operation.
- 【Advanced Safety】: Auto Safety shut off system which includes Multiple levels of safety for peace of mind when operating heater 1. Automatic overheat system will shut the unit off automatically when the parts of the heater overheat. 2. TIP-OVER SWITCH will shut off when tipped forward or backward. 3. Power indicator light let you know that heater is plugged in. 4. ETL listed for certified safe use.
- 【Adjustable Thermostat】 : Comfort Control Thermostat- adjustable thermostat setting to maintain comfortable temperature. Simply turn the dial to the heat setting you desire and enjoy comforting warmth.
- 【 Three Heat Settings With Fan】: 3 settings for desired comfort- High Heat (1500-watt), Low Heat (750-watt), Fan summer cooling use. It makes this electric space heater ideal for warming up or cooling down your personal space. Made for home and office use.
- 【Compact Heater Dimensions】: 7.29" X 5.6" x 9.65". Energy Efficient, Fully Assembled, Compact size and Light weight design with portable easy grip handle, Adjustable thermostat for comfortable warmth, ideal for small areas. The length of the cord is about 6ft to allow for unobstructed use.
Buying Guide for the Best Baby Room Heater
A lot of space warmers come with different specifications. So, what are the things you should have at the top of your mind when shopping for a child safe space warmer? We know your priority feature would be something that effectively warms up a room, right? Great, there is no harm; after all, that is the sole reason you are purchasing a space warmer for the children.
However, on the flip side, have you thought how dangerous a substandard space warmer could be? Yes, there are lots of brands that claim to be children-safe, but they do overheat. This could easily cause burns to your children or even start fires.
You, therefore, need to research and read a lot of child safe space heater reviews. The reviews will open your eyes and show you that there is more to look for when shopping for a child safe space heater.
Are there any concerns over the safety of Baby Space Heaters?
The ideal temperature range for your baby’s room is 65 and 72 degrees Fahrenheit.
If the temperatures are below this, you may get the urge to warm up your baby using a space warmer. But, is a space heater safe for your baby? First, before investing in a room warmer for your baby, you may want to try bundling them up in layers like warm clothes. And no, a heated blanket poses a risk of suffocation when they cover the baby’s head.
However, if it is ridiculously cold in your house, you may consider settling for a child safe heater for the kids’ bedroom. If you purchase a child safe room warmer and use it correctly, there should be no problem. Just be sure to be extremely vigilant with the settings and instructions. Accidents caused by heaters can be fatal: 86% of overall home heating fire deaths involved stationary or portable space heaters.
Safe Space Heaters for your Child’s Room: Types Explained
If you are looking for a child safe room warmer, go for the following:
Conductive Space Heaters
Conductive room warmers are also popularly known as electric space heaters. They have a metal heating element that warms up the air. After the metal element has released the hot air to the surrounding, a fan will circulate it all through the room. They are the most affordable space heaters in the market. Besides, they have also considered the safest space heater for those with children.
Convection Space Heaters
Convection room warmers work by distributing heat through convection currents. However, the currents take longer to disperse through the room. This means a place may take longer to heat up when you use convection heating devices. On the good side, the heat will last longer, keeping the room warmer for a more extended period. Also, you will love that they are energy-efficient because all the parts are static. Overlooking the fact that they take longer to heat the room, they still take the medal for the safest space heater for nursery.
Radiant Space Heaters
Radiant room warmers come with a liquid inside their pipes. So, when you switch on the heating system, the liquid heats up and radiates it through the room.
The heat doesn’t spread well, though. Also, they may be pricey and large.
Considerations for Buying the right Child’s safe Space Heater
Before shopping for a room warmer for the babies, you need to do your research and read child safe space heater reviews. The reviews should help you settle for a baby safe space heater. On top of emphasizing on child safe space heater ratings, remember to look at the following factors:
Room warmers come in a lot of different models. Some may require you to install them on the wall. These types minimize risks of burns and accidents. Also, some designs are quieter than the others.
Other designs that may match your convenience include space-saving designs, small and portable, and vertical designs.
Going for smaller heaters is ideal, especially if you would love to save on space. However, if you have a considerable space and find something big yet efficient, go for it.
An ideal child safe space heater should be easy to regulate. You would like to in control over the intensity of heating with just a single press. Also, if you can time the heating period and have it auto-turn off afterward, it could be the right choice. Kid safe space heaters have settings with a gentle learning curve.
Room heaters can be dangerous gadgets. You do not want to gamble with going for something substandard. Go for warmers certified by Underwriters Laboratory (UL), Intertek, and Canadian Standards Association. With credible certification, you are sure you are getting the best heater overnight in baby room.
Additional Features you should insist on
These extra features will help you to settle for the best child safe room warmer:
- Does not overheat. It should be cool to touch. Your child may touch the surface. If it overheats, the child may end up with burns.
- Close slats. Kids are usually curious. They may stick their fingers in the heating device. If the slats are not narrow, they may end up stuck.
- A strong and solid base to prevent it from toppling over.
- Tip-over protection that turns off the heating element when it is knocked over. This is an excellent feature to prevent fire accidents.
- Automatically turns off to prevent the room from overheating.
Safety Tips for Child Safe Warmer
To guarantee your children’s safety, as well as avoid any fatalities and accidents caused by room warmers, keep the following at your fingertips:
- Do not sleep with your warmer on. This may beat the logic behind purchasing one, because the nights may get ridiculously cold. You do not want it on unattended for so long. If the nights are cold, heat the room before bedtime.
- Install a smoke detector in your kid’s room. Ensure it is functional at all times.
- Avoid plugging the heater on extension cords. Connect your heater directly to the socket.
- Keep the heating gadget at least three feet away from the curtains, plastics, sheets, and clothes.
Common Question on Safe Space Heater for Baby
Is it safe to use a wall heater in my baby's room?
Yes, as long as it is mounted fairly far, say the opposite direction, it should be fine. It is even safer because you reduce the risk of the baby touching it.
Is it a safe practice to leave my Warming Device on for the entire night?
No. It is risky to leave your warmer unattended for that long. Heat up before bedtime and then switch it off.
Is it Safe to Leave Space Heaters on All Night?
It is possible if your heater has a special function for example: automatic shut-off for high temp, or tip-over protection. And very important to read safety instruction and follow it. For example it’s forbbiden to cover heater with the carpet or to dry clothes or to do other things like that.
Are Space Heaters Hot to the Touch?
Different type of the space heaters has a different construction and different temp of heating. For example in the electric space heaters, air is heated with help of heating elements wich going to dangerously hot. Theese elements protected with special grid and this grid is forbidden to demounted. Kerosene space heaters can heated up to 80 degrees and it is quite dangerous, not deadly but can cause a sirious pain.
Getting the best child safe space heater 2021 is a sure way to keep your babies cozy and warm all night. However, before you order for the best space heater for nursery or your kid’s room, ensure that it is safe for your baby. It may be a useful device, but fatal if you are not keen. Do your research, and get something that does not put you and your babies at a higher risk of accidents.