Top 10 Best Go-Karts for Kids: Comparison Table
Best Overall: Razor Force Drifter Review
- Recommended to use only on flat surfaces | Race-tuned chassis and super-slick rear wheels for serious neighborhood drifting
- Age range – 8+ | Weight limit – 140 lbs. | Battery – 24V (Two 12V), sealed lead acid, rechargeable | Battery life – Up to 40 minutes | Max speed – 12 mph | Some assembly required
- Durable steel frame, molded aluminum wheels, and 4-1/2-inch tires
- Features a powerful variable-speed, chain-driven motor, thumb-trigger acceleration control
- Hand-operated rear brake
- Double the Fun: By attaching your Ninebot S (sold separately) to the GoKart Drift Kit, you can enjoy a fully-functional GoKart with range up to 13.7 miles and speed up to 10mph. Small Racer for Adults, Big Toy for Children.
- Drift Racing Excitement: Segway GoKart features a handbrake and brake pedal to switch forward and backward. A high steering ratio of 2.1:1 allows for precision steering while the strengthened seat belt ensures the rider's safety.
- Options for Everyone: Segway GoKart features three driving modes suitable for different ages. The adjustable frame length and steering wheel height can accommodate riders from 4’3”to 6’5” tall, with max load of 220 lbs and max slope of 15°.
- Portable Design: Collapsible for convenient portability, the Ninebot Gokart Kit fits in the trunk of most cars so you can bring it wherever you want to ride! Please note: Requires purchase of Segway miniPRO or Ninebot S.
- Warranty: Download the Segway app for a new rider tutorial, assembly instructions, fault reminder speed and more. Please refer to warranty information in product details below and contact us if you have any problems.
Top Hauck Pedal Go Kart: Hauck Lightning Pedal Go Kart Review
- Function: This Pedal Go Kart provides an authentic driving experience and allows the driver to control their speed. Lightning is designed to be the perfect pedal go kart for young drivers and can be used to ride both indoor and outdoor. It encourages physical activity, builds strength, endurance and coordination.
- Pedal power: Always ready to go, never need to worry about batteries that require charging. Easy designed pedal-push sprocket, perfect for younger children.
- Design: Race-inspired pedals, rubber wheels and 8 ball style hand brake, 3-point sporty steering wheel and steel tube powder-coat frame.
- Comfort: The custom, ergonomic seat is adjustable and equipped with a high backrest for a comfortable, safe sitting position. This allows the child to be comfortable and ride longer.
- Product dimension: L: 38 inches | W: 21 inches | H: 22 inches | Weight: 21 pounds
Great Go Kart for 3 Year Old: Radio Flyer Ultimate Go-Kart Review
- The adjustable seat allows this go-kart to grow with your child from ages 3 to 8 years | The Ultimate Go-Kart has been named a 2020 Parents’ Choice Recommended Award
- Overall Product dimensions – 43" L x 30.25” W x 37.2" H | Product weight – 45.86 lbs. | Weight limit – 81 lbs. | Rear wheels – 10.75” L x 4.5” W | Battery charge length – 45 min (subject to user’s weight and recurring type of terrain where product is used on)
- The combination of rubber traction on the front tires and the extra wide rear wheel slicks make this the ultimate drifting vehicle
- The parent-controlled speed lock allows parents to control the driving speed | It also features a seat belt and a racing flag for increased visibility
- The Ultimate Go-Kart offers three forward-driving speed settings: 2.5, 5 and 8 MPH | Single speed reverse (2.5 MPH) | 24-volt battery and charger included
Ergonomic Seat: Hauck Sirocco Racing Go Kart Review
- FUNCTION: This Pedal Go Kart provides an authentic driving experience and allows the driver to control their speed. Sirocco is designed to be the perfect pedal go kart for young drivers and can be used to ride both indoor and outdoor, encourages physical activity, builds strength, endurance and coordination.
- PEDAL POWER: Always ready to go, never need to worry about batteries that require charging. Just put your foot to the pedal and start riding. With its auto-clutch free-ride the Sirocco Pedal Go Kart might just be the most evolved pedal go kart to date!
- DESIGN: Fun graphics on the front fairing, low-profile wheels with 2 bearings in each 8-spoke rim, 3-point sporty steering wheel and steel tube powder-coat frame.
- COMFORT: The ergonomic seat is adjustable and equipped with a high backrest for a comfortable, safe sitting position. This allows the child to be comfortable and ride longer.
- PRODUCT DIMENSION: L: 47 inches | W: 25 inches | H: 28 inches | Weight: 28 lbs
Awesome Drifting Model: Razor Crazy Cart Shift Review
- Simplified drift system – automatically engages rear end drifts so that drivers can keep both hands on the wheel at all times while focusing on steering and throttle control – just like the professionals
- 1:1 steering ratio – Ultimate steering responsiveness for performance driving
- Fixed incline, rear caster wheels – Provide the right balance of drive vs. drift
- 12V sealed lead-acid battery – Power efficient and rechargeable
- Power Core Hub Motor – Maintenance-free system that eliminates chains, sprockets, tensioners, and the upkeep that such parts require
Best Design: Hauck Batmobile Pedal Go Kart Review
- Sporty 3 point steering for responsive, quick steering.
- Adjustable bucket seat for multiple height kids.
- Race styled pedals with rubber wheels and 8 ball style brake for better grip and smooth ride.
- Handbrake for both rear wheels.
- Front cover panel in hero design.
Child-oriented Ergonomics: Hauck Hurricane Go Kart Review
- Sporty 3 point steering for responsive, quick maneuvering
- Adjustable bucket seat will accommodate multiple heights. Large 12" Rims
- Race-styled pedals with real rubber wheels & 8 ball style brake
- Frame - steel tube plus deluxe plastic fairing with graphics
- Weight limit - 120 lbs. Ages 4-8
Top Offroad Model: Berg Pedal Car Buzzy Nitro Review
- BERG has more than 30 years experience in developing, producing and selling active outdoor playtime pleasure! BERG Pedal Go Karts have been developed with great attention and care. This resulted in qualitative excellent Pedal Go Karts, which are safe to use. It does not matter which one you choose, you choose quality with a BERG Pedal Go Kart
- Get your fi rst pedal experience on a BERG Buzzy. This super cool sensation on four wheels is much more stable than a three-wheeler. Your feet remain fi rmly on the pedals even round sharp corners.
- The size of the BERG Buzzy and its EVA tyres make it suitable for indoor and outdoor use. Even the rain will not stop you from having lots of fun with your go-kart! The BERG Buzzy is suitable for children aged 2-5.
- Thanks to its four wheels, the BERG Buzzy has excellent stability. Because tricycles have one wheel less, they are far less stable.
- Unlike a tricycle, the pedals and the handlebars of the Buzzy can be operated independently. This ensures that the pedals do not move when steering and the feet remain fi rmly on the pedals at all times.
Economical Choice: Lil' Rider Go Kart Pedal Car Review
- KIDS GO KART – This 4-wheeled go kart has bright colored racing style decals, a molded seat, and a sporty steering wheel. These go carts for kids are a fantastic way to keep boys and girls, ages 3-7 active and moving.
- EASY RIDING TOYS - This pedal car gives your child control over their own speed and offers effortless operation with no gears or batteries to charge. Simply just start to pedal and the go cart is ready to get moving.
- USE IT ANYWHERE – Smooth, quiet, and simple to ride toddler, young child, or little boys toys. Perfect for both outdoor or indoor playing, this ride on toy can easily be used on any smooth, flat, or hard surface, and even on grass.
- SAFE AND DURABLE – Lil’ Rider makes cars for kids that are not only fun but safe. Made from rugged high-quality plastics and carbon steel that can hold up to 55 lbs. of weight, all our go carts are safety tested and free of banned phthalates.
- PRODUCT DETAILS – Materials: Plastic and Carbon Steel. Dimensions: (L) 37” x (W) 25” x (H) 20”. Some Assembly Required. Clean with Soap and Water. Usage should always be under direct supervision of an adult. Color: Black with Yellow Decals.
What Are Go-Karts?
Go-karts are open-wheeled racing cars. Art Ingels first created them in 1956, and just a year later, in Rose Bowl, California, people have already started to use them for racing.
Go-karts can either be motorized or non-motorized. The non-motorized go-karts use pedal power or gravity to propel. Some models even come with a two- or four-stroke engine. And these highly powered go-karts are usually a better choice for competition since it gives you more control. So if you want to go kart racing for kids, you should consider an electric go-kart as it’s especially suitable for indoor racing.
All the best go-karts for kids also have a lithium polymer battery or hydrogen fuel cells. Plus, to enhance safety, electric models have remote-controlled speed limiters to protect your child from accidents.
The toy is fitted with a lithium polymer battery or hydrogen fuel cells. To enhance safety, electric go-karts feature remote-controlled speed limiters, so your kids can have fun without risking injuries.
Are Go-Karts Safe?
As long as you take safety precautions, go-karting is pretty safe. So it’s always important to follow a couple of safety rules:
- Check that your kids wear a helmet
- Don’t allow your kids to go-kart with long or flowy hair and loose clothing
- Check all equipment for faults
- Always ensure your kids wear seat belts
- Choose a proper driving area with no obstacles
What Protective Gear Should I Get My Child?
Whether it’s an electric pedal-powered go kart or a gas-powered go-kart, you should always ensure your kids wear protective gear:
- Rib protector
- Fire-resistant underwear
How Fast Do Go Karts Go?
On average, a gas-powered 4 wheeler go-kart can reach a speed of 40, while the fast go carts for kids can even go 50 or 60 mph. However, while creating our go-karts for kids reviews, we’ve found out that it’s best not to allow your child to go too fast, for safety reasons. And in most situations, the maximum speed go-karts for kids should be about 30 to 40 mph.
There are several types of go-karts for kids you can choose depending on factors like terrain, power source, and age groups:
By Power Source
Electric Go Karts for Kids
Electric go-karts for kids are the most popular models since they are more stable and allow for better control. Because of that, they would be a perfect option for younger kids. Thus, if you’re looking for, let’s say, go-karting for 5-year-olds, consider electric versions; these are quiet and don’t need gasoline to run.
- Instant torque
- Require low maintenance
- No emissions
- More stable hence safety
- High cost
- Recharging takes a while
Gas Go Karts for Kids
A gas-powered go kart for kids requires fuel to run. It comes with transmission and generally has more moving parts than an electric go kart. On the other hand, gas-go karts for kids contain many greasy parts that can easily break. So in the long run, these might cost more than an electric go kart for kids.
- Quick refueling
- Too many moving parts
- Higher maintenance cost
- Not eco-friendly due to gas emissions
- Gas is flammable, posing a safety risk
Pedal Go Karts for Kids
The other category of two-seater go karts for kids includes pedal go karts, which require manual input to move. A manually operated go-kart puts gives the kiddo more control, thus helping them improve concentration and motor skills.
- No emissions
- Easy to maintain
- Lightweight configuration
- Cheap to acquire and maintain
- Easy to assemble
- Doesn’t work well on gravel or grass
By Age Groups
Little Kids (3-8)
You could also buy the best go-karts for kids based on age. And if you’re looking for the right buggy for kids aged 3 to 8, it’s best to look for stabilizing casters and an improved steering mechanism. Other than that, pneumatic front tires with anti-grip front caster wheels will prevent tipping, which would be ideal for your kiddo’s safety. Finally, look for models where speed decreases after taking food off the pedal – it would offer good safety and will allow the kid to learn how to navigate without worrying about many controls.
- Comfortable back seats
- Easy to grip handles
- Easy to use
- Rubber wheels and bucket seats for the safety
- Hard to pedal on hills or grass
Most of the go-karts for tweens have knobby pneumatic tires that ensure a smooth ride even on tough terrain. Moreover, they are very simple to use and very safe, making them a perfect gift for a 12-year-old boy or girl. However, when you look for the best-go cart for tweens, you need to make sure that the machine has some useful features, such as a sturdy steel tube frame that will offer protection against crashes. Finally, to ensure comfort and safety, even the mini go-carts for kids must have a seat bucket for easy adjustability to fit the height of your kiddo.
- Comfortable seats
- Safety features
- Can be difficult to drive on grass
Go-karts for teenager would have a few differences from the ones you would buy for a younger child. For instance, with these, you can go for a bit more power and a steady frame. Also, the seating should be adjustable to accommodate the kid as they grow quickly throughout teenage years. Despite the power, the best go-kart must have excellent braking for safety. Also, you should consider stability and the general build of the frame.
- Excellent braking
- Steady frame
- More power
- Adjustable seating
- A bit powerful, so could be challenging for some
Choosing the Best Go Kart for Kids
Finding the right go kart for kids does not mean you need to spend a fortune. There are many cheap go karts for kids you can buy to offer safety, power, durability, and efficiency.
While creating our go-karts for kids reviews, we’ve determined that when you want to choose a good option among the top-rated go karts, you need to pay attention to safety, including stability. Also, ensure that the machine has excellent braking, is made of lightweight material, and has a strong frame. While go karts are fun for your kids, they will likely not focus on other aspects. Therefore, you have to think about their safety and make the right decisions. The best go-kart is one with many safety measures. Also, check for shoulder straps, bumpers, safety belts, a well-built frame, and more.
On-Road Vs Off-Road
Where will your kids be driving the go-kart? Because the terrain is an important factor when choosing a buggy. If you’ll need more time off-road, then a go-kart with good suspension and ground clearance is a perfect choice. Rubber tires allow efficient racing when driving on the road. Also, the go-kart should have a 3-point steering wheel – it will help with maneuverability.
For improved racing on the road, consider having the same-size rear and front wheels, but this might not work if the kids are driving off the road. And if you want an off-road go-kart for your kids, consider buggies with strong rear suspensions and large pneumatic tires. Remember – greater traction on the tires gives better control on off-road terrain.
Single Vs Double-Seated
How many kids do you have at home? If your answer is more than one, then you might need to purchase a double-seated go-kart or get a single-seater go-kart for each kid. Sometimes, younger siblings love being the passenger while the older kiddo drives the kart. So a double-seated go kart would help them play together and bond even further. You also need to consider your child’s friends when getting a go-kart. When they come over, they can share or take turns driving the go-kart. A two-seater can easily accommodate both your kid and a friend, ensuring they both enjoy the ride.
Pedal Powered vs Gas/Electric
When choosing between pedal-powered and gas or electric go-karts, there are pros and cons to consider. For instance, an electric go-kart is quiet and is ideal for driving in town. But you must keep it fully charged when on such trips as their range is limited. In contrast, a gas-powered go-kart will drive for further distances and is suitable for off-road driving. However, it’s noisy and is not suitable for driving in town. Finally, a pedal-powered go-kart can be good for having fun around home, but it requires a bit more physical input.
Essential Accessories for Kids' Go-Karts
To further enhance the safety of your little one, you can also look up some important accessories, such as:
- Roll cages: These are made of steel and encompass the top of the go-kart. Roll cages ensure that if the go-kart rolls over, the impact goes to the cage, and not the child.
- Sideguards: These are the panels that prevent injuries when a collision happens. Safeguards minimize the side impact the driver experiences.
- Speed limiter: The limiter throttles speed to prevent your kids from going too fast. And that’s pretty handy, given that it could protect your child from many accidents.
- Horns and headlights: Audible and visibility are essential parts of driving a go-kart, especially in places where people don’t expect a moving vehicle. Thus, it protects both your kiddo and the people around from collision.
Basic Safety Guidelines
- Wear a helmet: When helmets are essential even for adults, do we really need to remind that kids especially need them? A helmet will protect your child’s head in the event of a collision. It will also reduce head injuries if there will be some accidents when your kid drives a go-kart.
- No loose clothing: Ensure your kids don’t wear anything that can get caught in spinning shafts. They should not ride with loose clothing or with their long hair down.
- Seat belt: A seat belt holds your child in place, ensuring they don’t get hurt or fly off if an impact occurs. There are many benefits of wearing a seatbelt, and the most obvious one is that it restrains parts of the body and spreads out the force in case of a collision.
- Proper driving areas: Most kid’s go-kart accidents happen due to choosing a bad driving area. Thus, you need to find a proper and safe area to ensure that your kids cannot collide with parked vehicles or other obstacles.
And that’s all we wanted to share on the best go-karts for kids! As you can see, choosing a good model is a lot easier when you understand the features to consider. A good go-kart must ensure your child’s safety, provide comfortable seating, and be powerful enough to navigate on different terrain. You can also consider getting some essential safety go cart features, such as side guard, speed-limiter, and headlights. Finally, don’t forget about a helmet, seatbelts, and overall go kart safety rules.
So keep all this in mind, and you will not only find the right model among the best go-karts for kids 2022 but also ensure that your kiddo’s driving would be safe and enjoyable!